Monday, May 26, 2008

Thoughts on Memorial Day


Many know what it means to sacrifice, to have left home, family and comfort to face uncertainty, fear, and danger for the sake of something we call freedom. For generations men (and now women) stand in the line of duty for the service of our country. They serve knowing they may never be remembered, thanked, honored or recognized. But on days like today, I hope, if no other time, we can take a moment to pray for and support our soldiers, sailors and marines. Many have given it their all and for this I say "Thank You!" Here's to our Army, Marines, Air Force, Navy, Coast Guard and Army National Guard to have served, and are currently serving the United States of America!!!! Hooah.

1 comment:

Missy said...

Amen, Sister. I agree with every word that was said. I thought about Andy a lot today and prayed for his continued safety. I know you and Clayton will be glad when he is home. I respect him highly for what he is doing and I appreciate his sacrifices. I pray for all of you often.

I also want to say that I also respect you very highly. What an amazing woman you are!!! I am sure that Andy would not be the great soldier that he is if it wasn't for your support. So here is a "salute" to you! lv...