Thursday, April 26, 2012

A Steadied Heart

I am headed out to Columbus, Ohio for several days. Andy has drill weekend at the same time. The kids are staying with their grandparents...whew. There's a lot of lists to be made, laundry to get caught up in order to pack all the necessary bags that need packed, a lot of to-do's to be checked off. I'm not even a soccer mom (yet), and I feel like I need to be in 3 places at once. I don't really feel stressed or uptight, just a sense of urgency to get these tasks done in order to enjoy our evening together as a family before we all go our separate ways. Oh, and my vehicle is broke down, so I don't have a way to get anywhere until Andy gets home from work, which probably is helping me stay grounded to the house to take care of the matters at hand.
When I feel sorry for myself due to menial issues, I know down deep that there are those around me- crying their hearts out with cancer eating away at their bodies, or financial troubles beyond their control, or marriage problems that seem unresolvable. I am blessed- more than I admit, more than I even realize. It's in the fat times, I need to remember to praise, glorify and obey Christ so that in the lean times, those habits are built and will stay built with God's help and faithfulness.
What are some ways you make the stressful times more do-able?



No comments: