Monday, March 5, 2012

The Only Thing That's Good In Me


This song has been on my mind non-stop all weekend. When we put people on a "pedestal", we forget that they are just human, people like every one of us. If we start to compare and wish we were like so-in-so or wish we had accomplished as much as someone else, we are forgetting that it is God who even gave those people the ability to succeed at their given talent. On the other hand, if I feel like I am better than anyone else- whether smarter, more talented, more.............I again have forgotten that all the ways I've been blessed are still no credit to me. It is Jesus that gives and takes away. It's Jesus that is good, inspiring, gifted, successful, blessed- working through us.
Of course, it's easier to compare ourselves to other people rather to Jesus. I need draw the circle around myself and see where I so desperately need to improve and grow. When compared to other people, I may fare pretty well. When I compare strengths with Jesus and His Word, I see how pathetically far short I fall of His holiness and perfection.
Jeremiah 9:24 "Let him who boasts, boast in this, that he understands and knows Me, that I am The Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things, I delight, declares the Lord."


No comments: