Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Valentine

My husband is the man I admire most in this life. He is the kind of man who does what is right whether it is popular or not, whether others understand his decisions or not. I see him seek the Lord for daily strength to lead our little family, for character on the job, for a ready testimony for the searching lost. I've watched him grow into the kind of man I pray our daughter can find in a husband someday. In a culture where men are being made fun of as weak and wimpy, men like Andy are such a rare find, and I will be forever grateful that God chose me to be the one who gets to share life with this amazing man.
I appreciate the fact that Andy has never been unfaithful to me. I can trust him with all my heart. He has stood by me through the rough waters and through the triumphant victories. He is still all of those things that I had on my "list" as a teenager, as I dreamed of the man I hoped to someday marry. He still writes me letters, texts and emails to remind me of how much he loves me. He has encouraged me to fight for my health, to overcome my fears and self-doubt. He is a champion in my heart.
Andy is a fierce protector of our home when negative forces try to storm our hearts. He has captured the hearts of our little children and they look up to him as their hero. There is no request from the kids that is too silly for Andy to act out. It means so much to me that he takes the time to pray with the kids. He is consistent with healthy discipline with them, and strives to be the kind of Dad he knows they each need.
I have claimed this scripture and pray it for Andy often: Hebrews 13:20-21:
20 "Now may the God of peace who brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, the Great Shepherd of the sheep, by the blood of the eternal covenant, 21 equip you with everything good that you may do His will, working in us that which is pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ, to Whom be glory forever and ever. "

I love you now and always, Andrew Lee Plank!!! Happy Valentine's Day, Sweetheart!


No comments: