Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Working Out, Weight-Loss and Other Such Woes

I haven't been doing anything exciting to blog about lately...EXCEPT I have been exercising regularly again though, and boy is my body feeling the consequences. ouch! I recently got all my fall/winter clothes out, and was very annoyed with myself for not losing weight this summer, so I am back to working out on a regular basis, as well as cutting calories. I intake a maximum of 1,500 calories per day. I've only lost 10 lbs. so far, but it's just enough of a morale booster to keep me motivated. The picture of Clayton (pardon the lack of pants! lol). I had just finished an intense workout on my elliptical, when he wandered down to the basement to see what I was doin'. He decided he really wanted to "exbersize" like Mommy, so I let him stay on the machine for quite a while.
My husband & kids have been great encouragement with my weight-loss progress! Today I went to the mall early before the stores open. There's a walking program that even marks "mileage" inside the mall. Once around the entire outskirts of the mall is .7 miles. I had heard about it, but was surprised how MANY people were in there walking up a sweat! Young and ancient, handicapped and super-fit! It was cool! I pushed the kids in the stroller for several laps, and then let them run along beside my brisk pace. They loved it, so I will definitely be returning to the mall for a good workout if I need a change-up from my elliptical and as the weather gets crazy outside with snow!
Although I was sweaty and gross, I realized I needed a few grocery items, and of course the kids begged to ride the horsey. I only had $.50 though, so they had to ride together. They didn't mind. This is quickly becoming a grocery-shopping tradition! :)

No comments: