Friday, June 13, 2008

Our Fathers

Andy and I both have wonderful, Christian fathers. I'm sure more will be mentioned this weekend, but as for me, I just want to say Happy Father's Day to all Dads. It takes a lot of sacrifice and discipline to be a good father, and I sincerely admire those men who are the best Dads they know how to be. One thing Andy and I's Dads have in common is that they could have bought many a car, truck or boat with the money they spent to give us a Christian education. They could have sent us to public school with the thought that -they made it through and so could we, but they didn't. They scrimped and saved to put us through Penn View. I will be forever thankful, because it is in those years, that Andy and I found God and found each other. Our lives could be very different if it had not been for that sacrifice. There are many more things to be said of a Father, but it boils down to love, quality time spent, prayers, sacrifice, and belief that your child can achieve whatever he or she dreams in his/her heart. Those qualities are what makes a Dad, and I for one, am thankful to have a Dad and know other Dads who portray these qualities with strength, honor, dignity and character. Real Fathers are real MEN, and that's a fact.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

That's sweet, Kara and I couldn't agree more!! Your Dad is awesome and so is Andy's!! You are both lucky to have such great parents! Anyway, I would love to see you on July 4th weekend but if I don't...Congrats and I luv ya!!