Saturday, June 14, 2008

My Daddy


My Daddy wear combat boots and digital camo. He is far away saving the good guys from the bad guys so they can live in freedom like I do. My Daddy has only seen me a hand-full of days, so he read me stories before I was born and now my Mommy lets me watch Daddy every night before going to bed. The sound of his voice always makes me laugh out loud. Mommy tells me that Daddy and me are going to be the bestest of buddies. He is going to take me swimming and fishing and all kinds of "boy" things. I wish I could see my Daddy every day like other boys do, and have him pull me up onto his lap for a hug. I wish I could see my Daddy kneeling by his bunk to pray for me, and I wish I could run out to meet him when he comes home from work, like other boys do. But I know when my Daddy comes home, we will have the best of days then. We will play with the dog, and play in the park. We will go up to the farm and look at the pond and collect frogs. But my Daddy wears combat boots- that means he is bigger and tougher and stronger than your Daddy. He is my hero, and on his first Father's Day as a Daddy, I want him to know how much I love him!!!



Posted by Clayton Plank =)

3 comments:

The Youngs said...

Kara, you may not remember me from PVBI because I was in college while you were in highschool. Check out our blog you might recognize us from the photo. I wanted to tell you I really have enjoyed your blog. I love the pics of Clayton with his daddy. They are great!! Your blog really touches me because Mike Mason had told us Andy was going to Iraq and I know you are trying to do things on your own. God bless you!!! Christine Young

Missy said...

Kara, what a beautiful post. And I know if Andy is able to see it he will love all of the kind words that Clayton said. That is so sweet that Clayton laughs out loud when he hears Andy read. It will be great when Andy comes home and Clayton recognizes his voice. What a precious time that will be!! Your posts about Andy are always so touching. You are obviously an amazing wife/woman. Stay strong...this won't last forever. lv...

Belinda said...

Kara, you don't know me but a couple of my friends sent me a link to your blog, knowing I would be interested. You might know some of my husbands family Stence/Cooley. My husband is in the Navy and spent a year in Iraq. (April 06/April 07)When he left we had a 4 month old, 4 year old, and 6 year old. There were hard days but the time went quickly for the most part. Hopefully your time apart will go smoothly and quickly. Take Care!!