Saturday, May 10, 2008

Thoughts of a new Mom

I Samuel 1:27 "For this child I prayed, and the Lord hath given me what I asked of Him."

I know tomorrow is Mother's Day, and I will maybe post something later about how my first Mother's Day was, but I was thinking this morning about it all, and it is a little overwhelming to me. This new role of being a Mom is a role that I take very seriously. God gave us this precious gift of Clayton, and I don't want to take for granted the joy He has brought into our lives. There is no chore (diapering, tubby time, baby laundry, night feedings, etc) that I hate. I think it's because we wanted this so badly, and now we have what we prayed for! Clatyon is the "sunshine of my life" and I thank God every day for this blessing. Motherhood did not start out easy for me, and there have been challenges that have been bigger than I would have ever thought I could face alone, but God has given me the courage and strength to face each thing, one step at a time. I am learning to enjoy the journey and not just obsess about the ending. It has not always been easy the last 3 months to face childbirth, sickness, surgery, seperation or schoolwork, but I am doing my best, and that is all that is required for the job. I am more than willing to make these adjustments and sacrifices for my God, family and country. I do not play the same role as my husband, but I think my role is just as important on the home front to make a safe haven for my little family. I hope these are not just rambling thoughts, but maybe a challenge to someone facing more than you think you can handle. Hold on, and take it with daily grace. Being a mother will no doubt give me a lifetime of things to work through, but every obstacle gives an opportunity to grow, mature and change for the better! I love being a Mom. It's who God made me to be, so I will continue to do my best and raise this precious boy to be what he was intended to be. I love you, Clayton Andrew, because you made me a Mommy!

5 comments:

Jaime said...

Happy 1st Mother's Day! I pray that God blesses you and Andy extra special for having to spend this time apart. You have a darling little guy, and I thank God with you for the privilege of being a Mommy.

Jaime said...

Kara, I also have a blog,but it's invitation only. If you send me your e-mail address, I will send you an invite. My address; jnicoleschultz@yahoo.com
Thanks! Sorry for having to write on your comment list to get you this message! :(

Kara Plank said...

Jaime, Send you the email, but it said it was invalid...? call me-966-2652

Doug and Kim Hoffman said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day, Kara! I'm glad you have the privilege of being a mother. A great responsibility, yet an enjoyable one!

Hey Jaime! Sorry to use your blog, Kara, to contact Jaime. :-) I, too, tried your email address and didn't get through. Would you mind signing me up to view your blog?
K. Hoffman

Kathy said...

Never underestimate the role of the wife and mother at home. Our husbands serve on the frontlines, but we keep the fires burning while they are gone. We as wives and mothers serve our country equally.