Monday, August 6, 2012

Choosing Joy

In the recent days and weeks, it has been increasingly tempting to be upset at the change of events with my husbands job. So many things can seem unfair and even unreasonable for one person to accomplish in such a short amount of time. In an especially emotional heart-to-heart talk that Andy & I were blessed to have yesterday, (as someone offered to watch our kids in the afternoon as we spent some along time together,) Andy told me that when it seems he just can't take on one more negative aspect to this particular deployment situation, he hears this song. Now, I can't stop listening to it, knowing how much it means to him.
Many times we can almost forget how much we ARE blessed and how much of God's goodness we take for granted. We look at the short-term issues and how they affect us rather than the long-term vision of our life's purpose and calling. Keeping our eyes on Jesus has always been the answer to every challenge we have met.
We do not like the circumstances we find ourselves in at times, but we know there is much to be learned in the journey of walking out what God has set before us. I never despair AT God or question HIM as holy, just, true, kind. I have to realize He is altogether OTHER, and His ways are not mine, and maybe I couldn't comprehend His plan if he did decide to reveal it to me, so my job is to trust and submit and choose joy.

1 comment:

Pamela said...

Great song. I've never been sorry when I've chosen joy. I hope your husband's situation gets better.