Friday, April 13, 2012

PDCA

1. Plan
2. Do
3. Check
4. Adjust

This is the formula I am learning to use for setting and accomplishing goals in my life. I have goals in different areas of life, and I know that if I fail to do the first step, Plan, I will fail at accomplishing that goal. An ancient Proverbs says, "He who fails to plan, plans to fail."

Do you have a certain amount of the Bible you want to be through by a certain time this year? Plan it! Do you have a certain amount of pounds to lose, debt to pay down/off, books to read, tasks to complete, people to help?....PLAN IT! Write your goal(s) down so it can be tracked!

Then DO! Don't over-think, over-scheme...etc. Just DO, ACT, MOVE!

CHECK your progress. Maybe you are only half-way to where you wanted to be, based on what you had planned, or maybe you only accomplished a little of what you planned to do.

ADJUST your plan, or your course of action to get back on tract.

How else will we know if we are accomplishing anything (or nothing) if we don't have planned goals to check and see where we have made progress!? I am constantly amazed at the amount of people who choose to do nothing significant with their lives...I believe that God deserves more effort than minimal!? Colossians 3:23-24 We ARE to be content. We are also to be doing what God sets before us! Let's PDCA & live intentionally for excellence!

No comments: