Saturday, January 21, 2012

FBC 2 Weeks Down!!

I have now completed 2 full weeks of TrotFitness Boot Camp! My weigh-in this morning showed only one pound lost this week, but it IS a loss, and I have to remember that. 4lbs in two weeks so far...
---------------
Remember that quitter voice I posted about yesterday!? Well, with 6 inches of snow, and terrible looking roads, and even the instructor emailing us that class was on for those who could make it in...my quitter voice was in HIGH GEAR, let me tell ya! Guess what? I went anyway, thinking the whole time, "this is nuts!" :)
It has been very difficult for me each day, and one particular day this week, I felt the "give-up" attitude start to creep in.

The most humbling experience this week was this: (I can't remember if I mentioned this before or not, but if we say the words, "I can't" to the trainer, we have to do 10 push-ups while the whole class waits for us to finish...I have witnessed this and am very careful not to say those forbidden words!) At one moment, I felt like I just couldn't go on. There was sweat in my eyes, I felt nauseous, and when pushed to continue, I blurted, "I don't want to. It hurts!" The trainer said, "that was almost an 'I can't', Kara!" I knew he was right, but was hoping since it wasn't technically the actual words, it could slide... Another camper overheard the conversation and said, "we will do your push-ups for you, Kara." To my complete shame, the whole class pumped out the 10 extra push-ups in my place. So many life-lessons come to mind from that experience, but I'll let you to think of them yourself. Needless to say, I felt humbled and loved at the same time. With Jesus' strength, the trainers help, & my husband's unwavering encouragement, I was able to push through the pain and continue to move in waves this ole couch potato hasn't in a LONG time! I honestly have never ached or sweated as much as I have the last 2 weeks. When I reach my goals, I know it will be worth every obstacle and struggle.
My knee is getting stronger each day, so I'm really thankful for that.

In the video clip above, there's a section where the ladies make a tunnel by building planks for someone to army crawl under...(1:35 & 1:55). I won a $65 Foot Locker Gift Card for staying qualified & being the name drawn in the winning team of that exercise!!!! Now I can shop for some new equipment! Thank you, TrotFitness!!!

2 comments:

~Natasha~ said...

You Go Girl! :0)

Kara Plank said...

Thanks, Tash! Your encouragement means a lot! <3