Friday, December 9, 2011

Real Men Do Dishes!

As a stay-at-home-mother/wife, WITHOUT a dishwasher, washing dishes can be a never-ending chore. I really do not mind doing dishes, or at least that's what I've convinced myself. :) But it seems I have my own Mr. Clean when I am away for a few hours getting groceries etc!!! I don't like stereotypes of men, so I'm not going to be the one who says men "can't clean, take care of the kids, etc". Andy is awesome proof that real men can DO those things cheerfully. I recently came home to all the dishes done, a candle burning- making the house smell yummy, and the kids fed & cleaned up. WooHoo!!! (Thank You, Honi!)

Part of being "one flesh" in a marriage covenant is serving each other and putting the others' preferences above your own; denying what you WANT to do, for what you know will please your spouse. For more practical ways to do this, (for solid couples as well as struggling ones), try The Love Dare book! It is part of the Fireproof study, and will make a radical difference in your marriage. Can I get another WooHoo!!!??? :D

No comments: