Friday, December 2, 2011

Finally Home!

I have fond memories of my grandfather (Elwood Forney), pulling me onto his lap as a child and together we'd sing, "He's still working on me", and of the fancy bicycles he bought me over the years, of the way he always kept his car spotless and shiny, and of the pet name he called me- "tootle-lump". I was the only granddaughter.

At 88 year old, Papa passed away this evening, and I know he was so excited to go and see Jesus & grandma. Although it's hard to feel the loss of a loved one, it's joyous to know I will see them again someday in Heaven. I can only image what we will do when finally get to see Jesus...Sometimes I just can't wait for that day!!!

1 comment:

David and April said...

Very sorry for you and your family's loss. Trusting the Lord will strengthen you during this hard time. How grand to know you'll be together again!!