Friday, August 19, 2011

Not Just the Word, but the God of the Word

God longs for His Word to become as important to us as the food we take the time to eat....and it's not even that we are just in love with the Word, but the God of the Word...the Redeemer, & the Holy Spirit who is the One who puts the edge on the Word, making it alive and active. (Hebrews 4:12) Let me know, where have you been reading? How is it changing you?

I have been reading through Isaiah, and LOVING it!!! I'm almost to the end, and I wish there were more chapters left in this rich book of prophecies of the Savior to come.
These people (in Isaiah) had no way to know or relate to what some of those prophecies meant, but I'm so glad they are there for us now! Just think of the things we don't understand or know how to walk out now, but it is all meaningful for those younger and are following on behind us. (Isaiah 55:8-13)

8For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
neither are your ways my ways, declares the LORD.
9 For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
so are my ways higher than your ways
and my thoughts than your thoughts.

10 "For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
and do not return there but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
11
so shall my word be that goes out from my mouth;
it shall not return to me empty,
but it shall accomplish that which I purpose,
and shall succeed in the thing for which I sent it.

12 "For you shall go out in joy
and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and the hills before you
shall break forth into singing,
and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.
13
Instead of the thorn shall come up the cypress;
instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle;
and it shall make a name for the LORD,
an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off."


No comments: