Friday, July 22, 2011

A Quiet Heart

I am in a Nancy Leigh DeMoss study called "How to have a quiet heart." I invite you to read what she has to say here. There are several parts to the lesson, and I have gleaned so much already. If you could describe most of our lives as women, you would not describe most of us as having a quiet heart. We tend to be frazzled, frenetic, frantic, frustrated, fragile, and maybe a few other adjectives thrown in there that you can think of...

Read and memorize Psalms 131. It's just 3 verses, "Lord, my heart is not haughty, nor mine eyes lofty: neither do I exercise myself in great matters, or in things too high for me. Surely I have behaved and quieted myself, as a child that is weaned of his mother: my soul is even as a weaned child. Let Israel hope in the Lord from henceforth and forever."

This is the passage Nancy refers to over and over. The passage doesn't seem to applicable when you first read it, but this study will forever change the way you view this chapter!

No comments: