Friday, July 15, 2011

Purpose

We were created to glorify God. What is the purpose of life? It is to glorify God. God created us for His own Glory. Talking about mankind in the book of Isaiah, God says about us,
"whom I created for my glory
" - Isaiah 43:7
Many people look a life-time for their "calling or purpose", indicating that they believe it's something "big or unusual", when God is giving opportunity after opportunity to have us live our purpose each and every day!!! Walking in those moments of glorifying God on a daily basis, lead us into whatever greater purpose He may have for us. Trying to skip those daily moments and jumping into the spotlight will never get us to that place of peaceful rest we all seek for.

Many well-meaning Christians believe it is righteous to pray for God to pour out His anointing on their lives, when this still has the underlying factor of "me, my" life...when really, our sole purpose is to glorify the Lord whether we ever get the glory for anything in this short life. John 3:30 "He must increase, but I must decrease." We should rather pray, "God YOU be glorified in every thing I do today. I know I can do nothing to make you love me more than you already do, so YOU be seen in me."
1 Corinthians 10:31 "So whether you eat or drink or whatever you do, do it all for the glory of God." You will get praise somewhere, would you rather have it here or there...???

No comments: