Thursday, March 31, 2011

Child-like Faith

If I can be a bit vulnerable, sometimes I go through my day with prayers in my heart, as I wash the dishes, drive the van etc, and don't always posture myself in prayer on my knees. I recently had something on my mind though, and just felt the need to stop what I was doing and talk to the Lord about it. I made sure the kids had a snack and were busy, so I would be undisturbed. I no more knelt at my spot to pray, when Clayton came into the room...I have to admit, for a moment, I felt a little defeated. He asked, "Are you ok, Mommy, what are you doing?" I said, "yes, Mommy is just praying & talking to Jesus." His face immediately lit up, he quickly knelt beside me, and said, "But Mommy, I want to pray too!" It really made my day, and my load seemed to lift as we prayed together. What a priviledge it is to see our children learn the joy of talking to God, memorizing His Word, and learning to love Him with child-like faith. I want to be ready to recognize moments of opportunity like these.

"Truly, I say to you, whoever does not receive the kingdom of God like a child shall not enter it." Luke 18:17 ESV

In other news:
1. Andy is coming back home today!!!! We sure have missed him the last couple weeks!!!!
2. Clayton did awesome with potty training while Andy was away, so what he doesn't know, is when Daddy gets home, Clayton gets to open his prize- Tidmouth Sheds!!!
It's been something we've been talking to him about since before Christmas!

No comments: