Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

I have some pictures to post later today, and since December is over, I am not necessarily going to do a Monday Meditation each week, but I'd still like to make it a goal to post at least once a week.

Tip for those of you who have "LOSING WEIGHT" as one of your New Year's resolutions: Women's Health magazine says studies have shown that people who set a large weight loss goal, such as reaching xxx lbs. (your goal/ideal weight), those people lost more weight than those who set small goals at a time, 10 lbs, etc. I know this is controversial, but studies show that when people lose that small goal, they tend to relax a bit and lapse into old habits rather than push on to that end goal.
Why lose weight or stay fit?
POWER VERSES
I Corinthians 6:19-20 "Do you know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you whom you have received from God? You are not your own. You were bought with a price. Therefore honor God with your body."

(I know Paul was not talking about weight loss necessarily, but I still find these verses encouraging as a mantra for losing weight... )
Philipians 3:13-14 "I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it, but this one thing I do, forgetting what is behind and straining for what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Jesus Christ."

No comments: