Sunday, November 21, 2010

Monday Meditation

One of my favorite weeks is this one before us! We take time to especially focus on what we are thankful for. I have been learning to appreciate the different meanings of names of God. when we really understand who God is, we can trust He is soveriegn.

Yahew- I Am that I Am! Exodus 3:14
Jehovah-Tsidkenu- The Lord is my Righteousness. 2 Corinthians 5:21
Jehovah-M'Kaddesh- The Lord who Sanctifies. 1 Corinthians 1:30
Jehovah-Shalom- The Lord is my Peace. Colossians 1:20, 22
Jehovah-Rapha- The Lord who heals. Isaiah 53:5
Jehovah-Jireh- The Lord is my Provider. Galatians 3:13-24
Jehovah-Shammah- The Lord is There. Hebrews 13:5-6
Emmanuel- God is with us. Matthew 1:23
El Shaddai- God All-Sufficient. Proverbs 3:27
El Kanna- Jealous God. Isaiah 9:7
JESUS- Jehovah IS Salvation! 
Christ- The Annointed One!
Holy Spirit- Comforter, Counselor, Advocate, Strengthener, Sanctifier, Spirit of Truth...
There are SO many more names for God, but I encourage you to look them up, along with their meanings 
and pray them, sing them, and praise with them.  

No comments: