Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Wednesday's Weight-Loss Tips

I have been getting verbal as well as blog comments of ladies who are "in the running" for our race to Thanksgiving. Feel free to email me to let me know you are with us! arng.wife@yahoo.com I have decided on a prize, and will annouce it next Wednesday!
Week #1
~Make a plan of how you are going to lose your goal weight. Tip: Writing goals down is more effective, because it will create an inner committment.
~Drink lots of water. Forget the 8 glasses a day thing. You need to drink at least 15 glasses of water a day for weight-loss and especially in the summer months. Tip: Never go anywhere without a water bottle, and always drink a whole bottle of water before laying down to sleep for the night for extra 'fat cleansing' while you sleep!
~Get moving. Studies show that excersize is key to keeping weight off. Tip: Do at least 20 minutes 3x per week of cardio or something that gets your heart beating fast. Taking a walk does not count unless you walk for 1 hour.

Today's look-up: Philippians 3:14

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Okay, miss Kara, I'm in. But I have some new info on your tips...Prevention magazine just reported that the 8 glasses a day is not proven one way or another. "They" say that it's more of a placebo effect and in reality, we all drink too little so shooting for 8 is good. The bottom line: Drink when your thirsty and the more you drink, the more you pee! The other comment is 20 minutes of cardio is the breaking point for the START of fat burning. You would benefit in weight loss if you do 30-40 minutes of cardio to actually bur fat while exercising. Otherwise, you just get to the point of starting to burn fat and you stop. The water thing is news to me, but I'm certain of the 20 minutes to fat burning on the cardio! I'll log in my start weight tomorrow and share my goal! Let's go girls!