Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Not "Good-Bye," but "See Ya Later"

It's seems I've been having to say a lot of this lately, and it is always hard for family and close friends to say "good-bye" or "see ya later!" This is life though! Michael and Crystal Mason are taking their two boys and are going as missionaries to Mexico, and I couldn't be more proud of them. Crystal and I have been best friends through the years, and so once again there came the time to say another "see ya later." We went out to lunch today to Country Cupboard and had a nice lunch with our boys. (Michael already left for Texas, and of course Andy is deployed) I know our friendship will remain, despite the distance of our homes. Things will change like the size of our children and our every day tasks, but friendship never dies.

3 comments:

Boog said...

I know it's hard watching your friends go far away. I remember as an 8 year old and we were the ones going to the field. Even though we were still in the states it was over 2,000 miles away from my friends I'd grown to love. Just remember...if you ever need someone to hug ya...we're here for you! I know sometimes we see each other few and far between at church but I have and do think of you allot. You're in our prayers.

sankey family said...

I can so relate to what you're feeling in some ways. I left many dear friends behind in the States when we became missionaries in Mexico. Our friendship is still strong - we call and email and visit when we can. I know you will miss Crystal. I'll be praying that you can still feel connected through email and blogs and that maybe you and your family can come visit them in Mexico someday!
Melodie

Missy said...

Awww...sorry, Kara. It is very hard when someone you love moves to a foreign country, but if they are where God wants them to be then it definitely helps. =) I will pray for you that you will be able to adjust to the change quickly and easily. Email and blogging is so great during these kinds of changes, isn't it?! Here is a big hug from me to you. Lv...